1. A tendency of news reported in the media about problems and emergencies rather than positive developments is more harmful to the individual and to society. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students how to judge right and wrong and to behave well. Some say that teachers should only teach students about academic subjects. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
3. Some think that printed books are not necessary in digital era, because all writing can be stored electronically. Others think printed books will play an important role. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. All education, primary, secondary and further education, should be free to all people and paid for by the government. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
5. Nowadays, people move to big cities. Why do you think this happening? Is this trend a bad or a good thing?
6. In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society?
7. Some people think that the main benefits of international cooperation is in protection of the environment, but others think that the main benefit is the world business. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Some people think that cultural traditions will be destroyed when they are used as money-making machines aimed at tourists. Other people believe that it is the only way to save such conditions in the world today. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
9. Some people think that our behavior, customs and traditions are no longer relevant, and have to change due to the influence of modern ways of life. Do you agree or disagree?
10. More and more people are under the stress. What can employers and employees do to reduce the workplace stress?
11. In many countries there is a general increase of juvenile delinquency. Some people think that it is parents' responsibility to deal with this, while others believe that school should make an effort. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12. Some people think living in big cities is bad for people's health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Young people are often influenced in their behaviour and situations by others in the same age. This is called "peer pressure". Do the disadvantages of peer pressure outweigh the advantages?
14. Some people think that the best way to reduce the traffic problems is to build more roads. What do you think about that?
15. Some people say governments should give priority to health care, while others believe that taxpayers’ money should be spent on other important priorities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.